SG Ink Show Media Launch

Hey everyone!

I'm pretty excited to talk about the event that I'm going to share with you guys today, because it's something that I feel needs attention. There has been a stigma or stereotype against the tattoo community, whether we like to admit it or not, it is there and I feel that view needs to change. I've friends who have tattoos and a friend who does tattoos as well (find her here), they are all great people. 

Disclaimer: I don't have any tattoos myself. Well, I'd like one but I'm always chickening out solely because I'm shit scared of needles. A tattoo is something that will always be a part of you (literally), it's your form of expressing yourself and it is a piece of you, I'm fickle so it's another reason why I never got around to getting inked.. Not gonna lie, it's always at the back of my head. 

The Singapore Ink Show aims to break the stigma against tattoos, bringing tattoo artists and enthusiasts from all over the world (Singapore included) to bond over their common interests. So, you can expect artists with various styles showcasing what they can do, there will be auctions, with proceeds going to charity as well as live tattoo drawings! This is the first event of its kind in Singapore and I'm so glad that there has been support, but of course, the more the merrier!

Let's have a visual of the media launch, shall we?








Interested so far?

I was pretty intrigued. I've never been so surrounded by tattoos before, it made me realise how big the community is and how important it is to change people's perceptions about tattoos and the people who have love for tattoos; whether they get tattoos for personal reasons or just to collect art on their bodies.








Of course, there were interviews~

We had various people come to answer a few questions, it was interesting to see what they felt about the tattoo community. Apparently there's this thing that people say, that you cannot donate blood within 12 months of having a tattoo done.

MYTH BUSTED. It's not true.

I know nothing about donating blood, the thought of it is too terrifying, but the fact is that you actually CAN donate blood as long as your artist uses disposable needles and you just need to inform the nurse that's assisting with your blood donation. Mind = blown. Thank you, Mr Andrew Ang from the Red Cross for sharing that with us, because I never even knew that piece of information existed.





Mandatory group shot, yes?

Also, they gave us these temporary tattoos, which I'm VERY VERY VERY fond of.
(Designed by Ael from Invisible Tattoo)

Like yeah, I want a real tattoo where I've stuck the temp one. 
Also, I'll post the vlog on Thursday, keep your eyes peeled! ^^

Live tattoo drawing!





And yes, food. Loads of food.

SO SO GOOD, I GOT SO FAT. Not even sorry that I had three servings of chips.


Just saying, this wasn't ALL mine.. like 1/3 of it maybe?






Checking back on the live tattoo drawings~

So, these pieces will be up for auction during the SG Ink Show, so if you pop by you may get to get your hands on them! All proceeds will be donated to the Singapore Red Cross.

NOW.

Let's talk event details:

LOCATION: Suntec Convention Centre Exhibition Hall 404
DATE: 21st - 23rd April 2017
TIME: 1200hrs - 2100hrs


You can expect different things on different days of the event, so make sure to free up your calendars! I will be there myself to check things out and fascinate myself, but do come and show the tattoo community some love and get yourselves some tickets and head on down!

If you're well acquainted with the tattoo community, I hope you'll find the appearance of the following people very very exciting because they will be at the Singapore Ink Show!
  1. Nikko Hurtado
  2. Kinki Ryusaki
  3. Ael Lim
  4. Jee Sayalero
  5. Victor Portugal

I hope you guys (or some of you at least) will be interested in attending the Singapore Ink Show and hopefully we can open the minds of people locally and worldwide! Don't hesitate to pop by any of their social media and ask them questions and all that! I'll see you at the Singapore Ink Show and in my next blogpost!


xx
Shayne