Mrs & Classic Mrs Singapore 2017 Grand Finals

Hey everyone!

It has finally happened, the Mrs Singapore and Classic Mrs Singapore Grand Finals 2017! I felt like this pageant went by really quickly, but perhaps it could be because that their press conference, talent segments and cooking competitions had been rolled into one weekend and a month later, it was time to crown the queens. It was pretty quick, if you asked me!

I managed to take a lot more photos this time around, as well as snap more videos, so I may make the vlog a whole lot longer than usual so you guys have more to watch! I will be flying to Korea with my parents tomorrow for a week so you can also look out for my travelogue as well! Also, I've been thinking that yesterday was Mothers Day, but apparently it's next week?! I don't even know anymore..

So now, on to the rest of the blogpost! Loads and loads of pictures this time, I promise! ;)










Held at the one and only, Orchid Country Club!

Lots of photo taking was going on for sure, I got my chance to snap a photo or two at the photo wall, but I'm not going to post those here, Rachel and I had rushed to snap the photos that they looked either too dark or overexposed. Also, I had left in a rush because I had a wedding to attend the next morning and I missed some great photo opportunities with friends too. 

WHAT A WASTE.

The red carpet, one of my favourite things!




And the programme booklet!

This year's theme was Retrolicious, and believe me, I did not know how I was gonna fit into that theme but thankfully the lovely people from Rent-A-Gown kindly sponsored me a beautiful dress that made me feel and look like a princess - just needed a crown, but I can't do pageants to save my life (hence I blog for them)! Wardrobe details here

All those sparkly crowns~

Sponsor's arrivals~

And here are our hosts for the evening!

Our contestants waiting patiently backstage!

VA VA VOOM~





Now, let's meet the ladies again!

































And that's everyone!

I know I didn't get all of 27 of them for sure, apologies or that! Anyway, I'm unfortunately unclear on where their wardrobe was from. I must have missed it :(

We sat behind some of the judges, as always ^^

Blogging makes you hungry.




Opening Speeches!

After the speeches, it was time for the final fight of the top 3 for the talent segments. If you guys missed the previous blogpost and vlog that covered the talent segments, do pop by so you can see what everyone did for the talent segment last month!


Contestant No. 6 Meena

I'm not sure why her name is just printed as 'Meena' in the booklets and my press release when her name on the slides and such during the finals was her full name. I realised a lot of contestants have this going on as well so I do apologise for not mentioning your full name ladies!



Contestant No. 8 Vishalakshi

Again, her name in the press kit given to me as different (if you've noticed from the previous blogpost). I'm so so sorry!

HOWEVER! I loved her performance during the initial talent rounds and I loved it during the finals as well. I just loved it! I know the hand gestures need to be perfect and precise and have different meanings so what she was doing would need a certain level of artistry. I'm not sure about how long she had been dancing but I thought her performance was lively and very much exciting!


Contestant No. 22 Heidi Hong Huang

I thought she did a wonderful performance. She had wonderful expression and stage presence, I enjoyed it for sure, also, I thought her costume was just so pretty!

Next up, was their catwalk with apparels from Dark Horse Vintage and some subsidary awards were given out as well!













Weew!! ^^ 

Just look at all the supporters!







And it's time for some awards!

Personality Queen 2017: Contestant No. 3 (Sarvani)
Optimist Award 2017: Contestant No. 20 (Xiu Zhen)
Eloquence Award 2017: Contestant No. 17 (Doana Tan)
Inspiration Award 2017: Contestant No. 23 (Imah Jamil)
Contestant of the Year 2017: Contestant No. 10 (Jennifer Toh)
Mummy of the Year 2017: Contestant No. 27 (Lilian Hon Kwee Lan)
Mrs Congeniality 2017: Contestant No. 13 (Ivy Wang)
Popularity Queen Award 2017: Contestant No. 26 (Raquel Chia)






















Tokens of Appreciation for the sponsors!

This year, I think it was pretty obvious that there were more, so here's the list of the wonderful partners and sponsors:








































 The ladies with their partners, gowns from Beautiful Love Wedding

I loved how so many of them chose such beautiful gowns for the night. I thought all of them looked absolutely stunning and it was nice to see them walk down the red carpet with their husbands (some of them with their partners or sons!)

 
 
  
     
  
 
 And then we gave out even more awards!!

  
    
   
 
   
   
    
  
 
And even more!

Most Photogenic Award 2017: Contestant No. 24 (Jessica Tan)
Mrs Elegance 2017: Contestant No. 9 (Racheal Olivero)
Mrs Prima Taste 2017: Contestant No. 9 (Racheal Olivero)
Gourmet Queen Award 2017: Contestant No. 16 (Judith Eng)
Mrs Indiba 2017: Contestant No. 9 (Racheal Olivero)
Mrs Beautiful Smile 2017: Contestant No. 12 (Jennifer Chng)
Mrs Serenity 2017: Contestant No. 9 (Pricilia Koh)
Mrs Nutrient 2017: Contestant No. 19 (Pricilia Koh)
Mrs Ferisia 2017: Contestant No. 9 (Racheal Olivero)
Mrs Infin8 2017: Contestant No. 9 (Racheal Olivero)
Mrs Fitness 2017: Contestant No. 22 (Heidi Hong Huang)
Mrs Vitas Pro 2017: Contestant No. 19 (Pricilia Koh)
Mrs Klarity Queen 2017: Contestant No. 19 (Pricilia Koh)
Most Supportive Family Award 2017: Contestant No. 18 (Catherine Chew)
Most Supportive Husband: Contestant No. 24 (Jessica Tan)
Best in Talent 2017: Contestant No. 8 (Vishalakshi)
Beauty with a Heart 2017: Contestant No. 11 (Nishana)
Goodwil Ambassador 2017: Contestant No. 5 (Zoe Sun)
Charity Queen 2017: Contestant No. 21(Fendi Fan)
Community Ambassador 2017: Contestant No. 19 (Pricilia Koh)

Congratulations ladies!!
  Then we moved on to the top 8 for the Mrs Category and the top 7 for the Classic Mrs Category!

Mrs Singapore Top 8:
Contestant No. 14 (Zu Anjalika Kamis Gunnulfsen)
Contestant No. 5 (Zoe Sun)
Contestant No. 3 (Sarvani)
Contestant No. 16 (Judith Eng)
Contestant No. 6 (Meena)
Contestant No. 11 (Nishana)
Contestant No. 9 (Racheal Olivero)
Contestant No. 12 (Jennifer Chng)

Classic Mrs Singapore Top 7:
Contestant No. 22 (Heidi Hong Huang)
Contestant No. 18 (Catherine Chew)
Contestant No. 24 (Jessica Tan)
Contestant No. 21 (Fendi Fan)
Contestant No. 26 (Raquel Chia)
Contestant No. 19 (Priscilia Koh)
Contestant No. 17 (Doanna Tan)

 Let the Q&A segments begin!!

 
 
  
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Well done ladies!

 Didn't miss a photo opp with this lady!!!


It's funny because we were saying that she should join the pageant after last year's Mrs and Classic Mrs Singapore and she did! Not only that, but she won herself a crown! So proud of you babe!!!


 
 
 A guest performance while waiting for the results!

 
 
 And the results are in! 
 
 
 
  
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 And the results for the Classic Mrs Singapore 2017:

2nd Runner Up: Contestant No. 22 (Heidi Hong Huang)
1st Runner Up: Contestant No. 21 (Fendi Fan)
Classic Mrs Singapore Planet 2017: Contestant No. 26 (Raquel Chia)
Classic Mrs Singapore Globe 2017: Contestant No. 24 (Jessica Tan)
Classic Mrs Singapore Universe 2017: Contestant No. 19 (Priscilia Koh)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  







Results for Mrs Singapore 2017:

2nd Runner Up: Contestant No. 5 (Zoe Sun)
1st Runner Up: Contestant No. 12 (Jennifer Chng)
Classic Mrs Singapore Planet 2017: Contestant No. 16 (Judith Eng)
Classic Mrs Singapore Globe 2017: Contestant No. 14 (Zu Anjalika Kamis Gunnulfsen)
Classic Mrs Singapore Universe 2017: Contestant No. 9 (Racheal Olivero)


Congratulations to the new Queens!!!!



No such thing as too little photos, eh? ^^

So we've come to the end of the blogpost! I hope you guys enjoyed it, I enjoyed myself at the event, watching the ladies walk down the red carpet in their gowns was just so lovely and they did such a great job! Do look out for the vlog coming to you this Thursday! Have a great week ahead everyone!


xx
Shayne